Penn Badgley Wiki, Biography, Height, Age, Wife, Weight, Net Worth, Family, Career, Profession, Movies, Series, Awards, Hometown, Birthday, Birthplace, Nationality, Ethnicity, Sexuality, Nominations, and all other details: is an American actor, musician, and political activist. He is best known for his role as Dan Humphrey in The CW teen drama series Gossip Girl (2007–12) and as Joe Goldberg in the Netflix thriller series You (2018–present). Recently on 26 December 2019, his new Netflix series “You season 2” was released.
Over the years, Penn has become one of the most loved and adored actors of all time. Not only has he created magic on the screen but he has also made a significant amount of name in the entertainment world. Badgley has made his place in the hearts of his audiences and has gained their love. The newest series, You which is still continuing in the year 2023, has created chaos all over Netflix and on the internet as well. Let’s read further to know more about this amazing actor.
Penn Badgley Early Life and Background
Penn Badgley was born on November 1, 1986, in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. His parents were both involved in the entertainment industry, with his mother being a former stage manager and his father a freelance journalist. Penn was raised in Woodlake, Virginia, and spent much of his childhood in the performing arts.
He started taking acting lessons at the age of 10 and made his acting debut in a local theater production of “The Importance of Being Earnest.” He also attended the Shenandoah Valley Governor’s School for the Arts, where he further developed his acting skills. Since his very childhood, Penn had decided that he had to make his life and career in the acting industry.
Penn Badgley Career
Penn Badgley’s acting career started in the late 1990s when he appeared in a number of television commercials and small roles in television shows. He landed his first major acting role in the year 2000 when he was cast as Kirby Keger in the television series “The Young Americans.” He then went on to appear in several other television shows and movies before landing the role of Dan Humphrey in the hit television series “Gossip Girl” in 2007.
After “Gossip Girl,” Badgley continued to act in both television and film, appearing in projects such as “Margin Call,” “The Stepfather,” and “Easy A.” He gained further recognition for his role as Joe Goldberg in the Netflix series “You,” which has been widely popular and well-received. In addition to acting, Badgley is also a singer and musician, and has lent his voice to several musical projects, including the soundtrack of “Gossip Girl.” He continues to act in both film and television and has a growing reputation as a talented and versatile performer.
Badgley’s Movies and Shows
- The Fluffer
- Debating Robert Lee
- John Tucker Must Die
- Forever Strong
- The Stepfather
- Easy A
- Margin Call
- Greetings from Tim BuckleyJeff Buckley
- Parts per Billion
- The Paper Store
- Adam Green’s Aladdin
- Here Today
- The Birthday Cake
Television Shows –
- Will & Grace
- The Young and the Restless
- The Brothers García
- The Nightmare Room
- Do Over
- The Twilight Zone
- The Mountain
- The Bedford Diaries
- Gossip Girl
- The Slap
Penn Badgley Dating History
- He first dated his Gossip Girl co-star Blake Lively in the year 2007. But broke up after three years in the year 2010.
- Then he dated Zoe Kravitz in 2011 and broke up again in the year 2013.
- Later, Penn dated Domino Kirke in 2014 and parted ways in 2017.
- After staying single for two years, he came into a relationship with Elizabeth Carey Smith in 2019 and still stays committed to her.
Badgley Awards and Recognition
- Young Hollywood Award for Breakthrough Performance Male (2008)
- Satellite Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama (2019)
- Hollywood Music In Media Award for Best Original Song (2020)
- Gold Derby TV Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (2020)
- Gold Derby Award for Breakout Star of the Year (2019)
- Gold Derby TV Award for Drama Supporting Actor of the Year (2020)
Penn Badgley Information Table
|Real Full Birth Name||Penn Dayton Badgley|
|Nick Name||Penn Badgley|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||33 years|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 1, 1986|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Baltimore, Maryland, USA|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight|
|House In||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Scorpio.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″
Centimeters: 175 cm
Meters: 1.75 m
|Weight||Kilograms: 71 Kg
Pounds: 175.5 lbs
|Eye Color||Bark brown|
|Parents||Father: Duff Badgley
Mother: Lynne Murphy
|Dating History?||1. Blake Lively
2. Domino Kirke
|Alma Mater.||Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon|
|Source of Income||Shows, Movies, Modelling, etc|
Penn Badgley Social Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Penn
- He was named the Hottest actor in the industry when he turned 25 years old.
- Penn was an active supporter of Barack Obama.
- He has received six teen choices award nominations throughout his career.
- Penn also has a son with Domino Kirke.
FAQs About Penn Badgley
Who is Penn Badgley?
Penn Badgley is an actor and a model.
How old is he?
He is 36 years old, currently.
Where does he live?
He lives in New York.
Is he married?
Yes, he is married and maybe separated.
Also, read – Scott Alexander and everything you need to know!
Subscribe to Wikibiography to know more about Penn Badgley!