Murugan Ashwin Wiki | Biography| Height| Age| Weight| Wife| Stats| Profile| Family: Murugan Ashwin is an Indian cricketer, he was born on 8th September 1990 in Sivaganga, Tamil Nadu, India. He is a right-handed batsman and his bowling style is right arm leg break. He was bought by Royal Challengers Banglore for a price of 2.2 crores for this season of the IPL.
Here is the full Bio(Wiki) of Murugan Ashwin, his family/ mother/ father/ brother name, age, height in feet, weight, body measurements, interests/hobbies, school, coach, bowling speed/stats, his twitter, facebook, Instagram, earning /income/net worth, his real name, girlfriend, birthday, zodiac sign, education, caste, religion, Date Of Birth , IPL team and price.
Also Read: Washington Sundar Wiki, Bio and more
Murugan Ashwin Bio
|Real Name||Ashwin Murugan|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Spin bowler)|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- N/A
#89(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Rising Pune Supergiants, TNCA President's XI, Tamil Nadu|
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Australia
|Records (main ones)||2nd highest wicket taker in the 2015-16 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy with 10 wickets.|
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2016 Vijay Hazare Trophy.|
|Date of Birth||8 September 1990|
|Age (as in 2017)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Sivaganga, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Santhome Higher Secondary School, Chennai
DAV Public School, Chennai
|College||Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Chennai|
|Educational Qualifications||Mechanical Engineering|
|Family||Father- EraMurukan Ramasami (Writer)
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni
Bowler: Anil Kumble and Shane Warne
|Favourite Actor||Rajinikanth, R Madhavan, Farhan Akhtar, Tom Hanks, Will Smith, Suriya and Dulquer Salmaan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone and Trisha Krishnan|
|Favourite Book||A Little Inspiration by Diane Lewis|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Murugan Ashwin
- His father was the scriptwriter for the famous Tamil flick Billa 2, a movie that starred Ajith Kumar.
- He made his first-class debut for Tamil Nadu against Odisha in the 2012 Ranji Trophy. The sad news for the 22-year-old was that 3 days of the game was washed out and he did not get a chance to bowl. He was highly expensive in the next match against Karnataka and ended up with figures of 1/176.
- His List A debut came against Mumbai in the Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2016. He bowled alongside Ravi Ashwin and picked up 3/38 in 7.2 overs that he bowled picking up the key wicket of centurion A Herwadkar. Tamil Nadu won the match by 26 runs.
- His domestic career hasn’t been great so far but it was during the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy that he made his mark. Having played 6 matches, he picked up 10 wickets at an economy under 6 and strike rate close to 14. It was this impressive show that made him fetch the big bucks at the IPL auction.
- In terms of the hike from the base price to the sold price, M Ashwin made the biggest gain, a multiple of 45 times from his original base price. His base price was 10 Lakhs, but the bidders showed great interest in buying him and eventually it was the Rising Pune Supergiants who bagged him for a whopping 4.5 crores.
- While many might wonder if there is a link between M Ashwin and the Indian ace spinner R Ashwin, they would be perhaps correct with the guess. M Ashwin studied and graduated from the same college in which Ashwin studied. Both the Ashwin’s graduated from Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering in Chennai. While Ravi Ashwin is an off-spinner, M Ashwin bowls leg-break.
Stay tuned for latest updates related to Murugan Ashwin!