Aswath Damodaran: Wiki, Bio, Age, Professor, Adani, NYU Stern, Loyola College, Finance, Blog, Valuation, Career, Family, Net Worth, Kids: Aswath Damodaran is a popular professor from the New York University’s Stern School of Business. Being an expert in valuation, he is also known as the ‘Dean of Valuation’. Moreover, he has been an alumnus of prestigious institutions like the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. The famous professor was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu on September 23, 1957. At present, he is 65 years old. Recently, his name appeared in the news headlines when he expressed his views that the Hindenburg charges against the Adani Group are exaggerated.
Aswath Damodaran Birth and Family
Damodaran was born to Damodaran Mudaliyar and his wife on September 23, 1957. At the moment he is 65 years old. He took birth in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and is currently living in New York, United States. As far as his personal life is concerned, Damodaran is a married man. However, no details regarding his wife and children are disclosed to the public yet.
Aswath Damodaran Education
In terms of educational qualifications, Aswath is a well-educated man. After completing his schooling, Damodaran went to Loyola College in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to get his Bachelor of Commerce degree. Afterward, he attended the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore from 1977 to 1979. There, he completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM). In 1979, he took admitted in the UCLA Anderson School of Management where he did his Master of Business Administration in Finance from 1979 to 1981. After this, he received his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Finance from the same institute in 1984.
Aswath Damodaran Career
Professionally, Aswath has always worked as a teacher. He specializes in Finance and Investment Research. Moreover, he is also a reputed name in the field of Valuation. From 1984 to 1986, he was a visiting faculty at the University of California in Berkeley. Since September 1986, he is working as a Professor of Finance at New York University’s Stern School of Business.
In addition to that, he also teaches TRIUM Global Executive Program and Master of Science in Global Finance. Both programs are a joint initiative between NYU Stern and other universities. For Stern Executive Education he teaches the “Valuation” Open Enrollment Program. Besides, he is also teaching online certificate programs at NYU Stern known as “Advanced Valuation” and “Corporate Finance”.
Aswath Damodaran Bibliography
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Damodaran on Valuation: Security Analysis for Investment and Corporate Finance
- Damodaran on Valuation, Study Guide: Security Analysis for Investment and Corporate Finance
- Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
- Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice
- Corporate Finance: Theory & Practice Test Bank
- Corporate Finance, Study Guide and Problems Manual: Theory and Practice
- Applied Corporate Finance: A User’s Manual
- The Dark Side of Valuation: Valuing Old Tech, New Tech, and New Economy Companies
- The Analysis and Use of Financial Statements 3rd Edition
- Building Public Trust: The Future of Corporate Reporting
- Core Concepts of Applied Corporate Finance
- Caliber Course Using Corporate Finance, 2nd Edition
- Investment Philosophies: Successful Strategies and the Investors Who Made Them Work
- Investment Philosophies: Successful Investment Philosophies and the Greatest Investors Who Made Them Work
- Investment Fables: Exposing the Myths of “Can’t Miss” Investment Strategies
- Valuation Approaches and Metrics: A Survey of the Theory and Evidence
- Foundations and Trends: Valuation Approaches and Metrics: A Survey of the Theory and Evidence
- Strategic Risk Taking: A Framework For Risk Management
- The Little Book of Valuation: How to Value a Company, Pick a Stock and Profit
- Investment Valuation: Tools And Techniques For Determining The Value Of Any Asset, 3rd Edition
- Applied Corporate Finance (ACF), 4th Edition
- Narrative and Numbers: The Value of Stories in Business
Aswath Damodaran Awards and Honors
- Richard L. Rosenthal Award for Innovation in Investment Management and Corporate Finance
- Herbert Simon Award
Aswath Damodaran Adani Valuation
Lately, the 65-year-old professor was in the news for expressing his views regarding the claims made against the Adani Group in Hindenburg’s report. According to him, the claims made in the report against the Indian conglomerate are exaggerated. He also said that the Adani Group has not conned people instead it has tried to maintain its control. Moreover, according to him, the information mentioned in the report is already available in the public domain.
Aswath Height, Weight, and Physical Appearance
No details regarding his height, weight, eye color, hair color, or other physical features are available as of now. We will update this section as soon as we gather any information regarding the same.
Aswath Religion, Nationality, Ethnicity, and Net Worth
Being born and brought up in India and then moving to the United States, Aswath holds American-Indian nationality. Moreover, his zodiac sign is Libra as per his date of birth. Besides this, information about his ethnicity, which religion he follows, and the estimated net worth he has is not available at the moment.
Aswath Social Media
While the Valuation expert could not be found on Instagram, he has 343. 5 thousand followers on his Twitter account as of February 2023. Additionally, he follows only 3 people. On his LinkedIn profile, the NYU Stern professor has more than 500 connections. He also has a YouTube Channel by his name, where he uploads educational content. It was started in September 2012, and it has 525 thousand subscribers with more than 18 million all-time views at present.
From a valuation perspective, even without factoring in the questions of fraud raised by Hindenburg, I find myself hard pressed to get to a value that is a quarter of the price at the start of 2023 & still higher than the price after last week's meltdown: https://t.co/hvDVN0f30s pic.twitter.com/HtXi1Ysv8A
— Aswath Damodaran (@AswathDamodaran) February 5, 2023
Here is the full bio/wiki of Aswath Damodaran his family, mother, father, name, age, height in feet, weight, body measurements, interests/hobbies, family, address, hometown, ethnicity, birthplace, parents, achievements, school, net worth, birthday, zodiac sign, education, caste, religion, Instagram, Twitter, Professor, Adani, NYU Stern, Loyola College, Finance, Blog, Valuation, Career, and more.
Aswath Damodaran Information Table
|Known as||Dean of Valuation|
|Profession||Professor and Author|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters – Not Known
meters – Not Known
feet inches – Not Known
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms – Not Known
in pounds – Not Known
|Figure Measurements||Not Known|
|Eye Colour||Not Known|
|Hair Colour||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1957|
|Age (as of 2022)||65 years|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
UCLA Anderson School of Management
|Educational Qualification||Doctor of Philosophy in Finance|
|Current Address||New York, United States of America|
|Parents||Father: Damodaran Mudaliyar
Mother: Not Known
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
Aswath Social Media Accounts
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aswath
- He is a Professor at NYU Stern School of Business for the past 36 years.
- Damodaran is also known as the ”Dean of Valuation” because of his expertise in the subject.
- Besides being a professor, he is also an author and has published several books.
- He is an alma mater of IIM Bangalore, UCLA Anderson School of Management, and Loyola College.
- Aswath also runs a blog “Musings on Markets” where he shares his thoughts related his subjects.
1. Who is Aswath Damodaran?
Aswath is a well-known Professor who teaches Finance at the New York University Stern School of Business.
2. How old is Aswath?
As of February 2023, Aswath is 65 years old.
3. Where was Damodaran born?
Aswath was born to his parents in the Indian city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
4. What is Aswath also known as?
The NYU Stern professor is also called the ‘Dean of Valuation’.
5. Which subjects does Professor Damodaran specialize in?
Aswath specializes in teaching Finance and Investment Research.
Also Read: Archbishop Ignatius Pinto: Wiki, Bio, Age
Subscribe to us to get the latest updates on Aswath Damodaran!