Subrahmanyam Jaishankar Wiki | Biography| Height| Age| Wife| Children| Net Worth| Caste| Family: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar is an Indian politician and a former diplomat who is serving as the current Minister of External Affairs in the Government of India from 31 May 2019, having previously served as Foreign Secretary from January 2015 to January 2018. He was born on 9th January 1955 in New Delhi, India. He joined Indian Foreign Service in 1977.
On retirement he joined Tata Sons as President, Global Corporate Affairs. In 2019, Jaishankar was conferred with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of the country. On 30 May 2019, he was sworn in as a cabinet minister in the second Modi ministry. He was made the Minister of External Affairs on 31 May 2019. He is the first former Foreign Secretary to head the Ministry of External Affairs at the Cabinet-level.
Here is the full Bio(Wiki) of Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, his family/ mother/ father/ brother/ sister/ son/ daughter’s name, age, height in feet, weight, cases, interests/hobbies, wife, school, his twitter, facebook, Instagram, earning /income/net worth, birthday, zodiac sign, education, caste, religion, Date Of Birth. How tall is Subrahmanyam Jaishankar? His current original height is 5 feet 5 inches and Weight 65 KG.
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar Bio
|Famous For||Union Minister of External Affairs|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Service||Indian Foreign Service|
|Major Designation(s)||1979: First Secretary at Indian Mission in Moscow, Russia
1985: First Secretary at Indian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
1988: Political adviser to the Indian Peacekeeping Force (IPKF) and the First Secretary at Indian Mission in Sri Lanka
1996: Deputy Chief of Mission at the Indian Embassy in Tokyo
2000: India’s ambassador to the Czech Republic
2004: Joint Secretary (America) at the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi
2007: India’s High Commissioner to Singapore
2009: India’s longest serving Ambassador to China with a tenure of four and a half years
2013: India’s Ambassador to the United States in September 2013
2015: Foreign Secretary of India
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Honoured with the Padma Shri in 2019 by the Narendra Modi Government|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1955|
|Age (as in 2018)||64 Years|
|School||Air Force Central School, New Delhi|
|College/University||• St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi
• Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation from St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi
• MA in Political Science & International Relations with specialization in Nuclear Diplomacy from JNU, New Delhi
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
• Dhruva Jaishankar
• Arjun Jaishankar
Daughter– Medha Jaishankar
|Parents||Father– K. Subrahmanyan (Civil Services)
• Sanjay Subramanyan (Historian)
• S. Vijay Kumar (Former Rural Development Secretary of India)
|Salary (approx.)||Rs.1 Lac + Additional Allowances (as Cabinet Minister)|
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar Social Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- He joined the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in 1977.
- His first overseas posting was in Moscow, Russia where he learned Russian.
- During 1982-1984, he was part of the team that resolved the dispute over the supply of US nuclear fuel to the Tarapur Power Stations in India.
- In 1993, he served as the Director (East Europe) in the Ministry of External Affairs and as the Press Secretary and speechwriter for the President of India Shankar Dayal Sharma.
- From 2004 to 2007 he was involved in negotiating the US-India civil nuclear agreement and improving defence co-operation, including relief operations following the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
- In 2013, he was being considered for the post of the Union Foreign Minister by Manmohan Singh, but he couldn’t appoint him due to internal pressure.
- Jaishankar is the only person in Narendra Modi’s cabinet who was inducted into the ministry without contesting the Lok Sabha elections or being a member of the Rajya Sabha.
Subscribe us for latest updates related to Subrahmanyam Jaishankar!